Thursday, May 13, 2010

"You're A Gamer" ... "No I'm Not"

Hey Everybody,
Wow it's been a long time!! I want to apologize, but I'm not going to. Going to school full time, working part time, and dealing with everyday life has the highest priorities. However, I've been thinking about what to write about and the first thing I want to cover is my husband's dream of making me a gamer. He is totally convinced that I'm a gamer, I on the other hand, don't really care about being a gamer. Yes occasionally I'll play Xbox, Viva Pinata and Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise are my favorites, but most of the time if I play a video game, it's during the same time that my husband is working on a game. Zelda on the Wii is one example. During his duration of playing, I would play too, but only to get help solving puzzles and such. Once he beats a game I'm done playing it because he doesn't want to help me any longer... "You need to figure out how to do it on your own," he says. So I always give up. Lego Batman, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars is super fun too, but I never play by myself. I always join in with my husband until he gets "annoyed that I'm way too focused on gathering coins and don't keep up with him." He tried to get me into Warhammer 40K, but I found the rules way to difficult to remember and still haven't mastered identifying each type of army... Black Orcs are the exception... I only remember that particular army because I told my roommate that his Black Orcs were cute because they looked like hippos. It was a joke, but the joke still stands each time he pulls them out of their box. My husband tried to get me into all sorts of games, whether they were on the Xbox, Wii, or the computer. Needless to say I was never interested. He is now bringing home card games and board games. And I like them!! Maybe I am a gamer after all! So before this post becomes too long I'm going to say... tune in for my next post when I explain my reaction to Munchkin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment