Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Imperial Fists: Psykers


I love spell-casters.

I've always enjoyed mages and wizards in my roleplaying, commonly using those classes in Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft, and others. I even use "Archmage" in my xbox gamertag, and have used it in the past as parts of various usernames. Even in my first foray into the Warhammer 40,000 universe, I felt the need to use a spell-caster of some sort. My first army was 3rd Edition Space Wolves, and Rune Priests had one psychic power, Storm Caller, which gave the attached unit a cover save. Although not offensive in nature, I enjoyed the utility of this ability, and this single unit sealed  my desire to, if possible, always include a psyker in my armies.

As you can imagine then, I had to include a Librarian in this army. The decision was then between whether to get a power armoured librarian, and a terminator armoured one. Then end result followed the Rule of Cool: I thought the Terminator armoured librarian was much better looking, and a such, painted one up.
I really enjoy the variety of powers the Space Marine Codex gives now, and the terminator armour lets me attach the librarian to various terminator squads for both protection and increased utility.

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment