Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Imperial Fists: A study in yellow


As miniature colors go, yellow seems to be one that gives a plethora of individuals cause for concern, so it is a wonder that reasonable painters like myself would undergo a task like this. As it happens, my wife's favorite color is yellow, and when asked which Space Marine army scheme she would like to see, she chose the Imperial Fists.

With my goal laid out before me, had tackled my challenge head on. I tried a few different methods to get the yellow acceptable, and after years of different attempts, and many months passing in despair, I settled on a reasonable method which I can apply consistently and which is not beyond my skill as a painter.

One of the first models I decided to paint was the iconic Imperial Fist model: Captain Darnath Lysander.
I felt this would be a good first test of my abilities to not only paint yellow, but also to use a limited palette. Although my favored techniques have evolved over time, I've tried to keep the colors consistent throughout the range.

As far a basing is concerned, I haven't settled on a style/location yet, so as a place holder, I have simply painted the base green to dictate painted models.

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment